Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birth Control Pills?

My fiancee and I are going to the beach at the end of this month and we're going right during when I'm supposed to be on my period. I was wondering which is safer to stop my pills a week early and have my period or to just take two packs back to back. Do either one of this increase a risk of pregnancy? We always use a condom for back up but I feel safer knowing I'm protected by hormones instead of rubber lol. I tried surfering the net but really couldn't find anything. I'm on the generic LoOval if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help.
Answer:
You really need to talk to you Doc about this. I know some Doctors prescribe birth control in 3 month increments but doing it on you own could be dangerous. Those pills can have serious side effects so I wouldn't mess with them unless my Doctor said it was okay.
Taking two packs of pills back to back - skipping the sugar pills - actually means you have less chance of pregnancy than if you had taken them as normal. Missing pills on either side of the pill-free week is the leading cause of failure to prevent prgnancy. So if you don't have that pill-free week, then there is no chance that the level of hormones will drop far enough to trigger ovulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net