Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birth Control Pills !?

I've been on Birth Control Pills for about 2 months now. My sister keeps telling me it can cause cancer %26 that her friend was on it %26 she gained alot of weight ! Is this true? Can you gain alot of weight? So far, I haven't gained a pound..but my sister keeps telling me they will make me fat later. Is this something I should be worried about? Should I stop taking them because I really don't want to get fat ! I heard on some people it can cause you to LOOSE weight .. is that also true? Ehh.. im so confused. :/ please help !
Answer:
weight gain yes. cancer no. they say 5-20lbs. but it can be prevented if you alter your diet. since you have not gained a pound you may be one the lucky few who won't gain wait on the pill. If that still doesnt' convince you try other forms of birthcontrol. UTI, or uva-ring
no it depends on you.. your sister is just greedy *** hell. just eat the normal things that u always eat and u will be fine...and for the cancer question all birthcontrol pills have side effects just ask your doctor what are the effects.. if your sister does not have a medical license tell her to kick rocks and do your thang..
it ruined my life
i have gained a ton of weight since i got off of it, now i have horrible acne, and irregular periods
it has been a year and my hormones are starting to finally balance themselves out. but i think its the worst. it also depletes your vitamins and minerals in your body.
the worst one is yasmin or yaz

stop now!
its different for everyone. I didn't gain an ounce. I took orthotricyclene. my cousin did the depo shot and gained like there was no tomorrow. So did a friend of mine. If your worried about gaining weight then make a diet plan and work out a bit more. you will head off any weight gain by just staying healthy. good luck
sometimes this is true but don't let it get to your head. eating right and exercising should keep you where you are. if this is a major concern talk to your obyn about it and find a birth control that is right for you.
There's no evidence that birth control pills cause weight gain. If weight gain happens, the average weight gain is five pounds or less. Some women gain more, and some gain less, and some gain none at all, but you're just as likely to lose weight or not have your weight change as you are to gain weight while on the pill. I, for example, lost weight when I first went on the pill. We can't predict what will happen to you though.

And as far as cancer goes, hormonal contraceptives can reduce your risk of certain kinds of cancer-most notably ovarian and endometrial cancer.

Tell your sister that she needs to check her sources more carefully before spreading rumors and false information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net