Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birth Contol?

So I just got put on loestrogen birth contol and I have been on it for about 3 weeks now...well after about a week and a half of being on it I started my period(which she told me I would spot) but I have been bleeding really bad for about a week and a half now and it wont stop is that normal...because I cant get ahold of my doctor?
Answer:
No its not ok. If you are unable to get a hold of your doc then switch doctors. This could be something serious.
As long as you are not soaking more than 5 pads an hour, I wouldn't worry too much. It is normal to have break through bleeding when adjusting to a new birth control. Call your DR tomorrow if you are still worried, but I think you will be fine.
Some doctor, no that does not sound normal. It seems as if you body cant take those pills, try depo provera it stops your perioda after the 2nd shot, an u still spot but it very little. Plus it doesnt have estrogen which causes cancer.
The pill you are on may not be enough hormonally to keep your period regular. Usually you do just spot when you start some birth control pills. But if you're on Lo-Estrin, there may not be enough estrogen in it to regulate your period. So it is normal that you would be bleeding like if you had your period. Especially since it was only 10 days into the pill that this all came about..give your doc a call when they are back in the office just to let them know what is going on.
I remember when I got started on the pill, my period seemed out of whack at first. But soon, I was on a schedule, and having nice light 3 day periods everytime. Maybe your body is just adjusting to the pill? If it doesn't stop soon, or if you are bleeding heavier than normal, definately get ahold of some health care professional. Maybe you need something with a different dosage of hormones to even you out. If you keep bleeding even after a pill, it may be an ovarian cyst. My friend gets these a lot, and she'll basically have her period all month.
You have nothing to worry about at this point, as long as you are not soaking pads left and right. Call your doctor's office and ask to speak with the nurse if the doctor is not available. She will be able to answer your questions, pass on your concerns to the doctor and get back to you as to what the doctor has to say. If you are not happy with the way your doctor is handling your case, find another doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net