Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birth Control Depression?

I had my birth control pills switched and since then I've been extremely depressed .. I was depressed before but it's gotten 1000x worse... I was wondering if the pills could be causing the depression to become worse?
Answer:
Could be---I took myself off of my birth control pills when my depression got worse, and I actually had to switch my meds to pull myself out of it.I also personally know a woman who went from being in remission from depression, to actively suicidal just from being on birth control for 4 days...anytime you finagle with your hormones, you risk depression, or worsening depression. Talk to your doc. You may need to switch pills, or even have your antidepressants up-ed (if you take them).
No, it should be something else.
Yes, this could be as a result of the birth control pill that you are on now. Please get in touch with your dr next week to let them know what's going on.
it can be a side effect consult your doctor about it
definitely. Differnt types of birth control can have different reactions with different people. Go back to your doctor and change the birth control cause it's not working for you.
That happened to me to. I was taking ortho at the time. I was depressed before but after i started taking it my depression worsened. I finally realized what it was a month before i stopped taking it. Now that i'm off it i feel so much better. Talk to your doctor about it and check out the side effects of the pill you're taking.
Yes, the hormones in birth control can mess with your emotions and make you feel depressed. One pill that I tried made me cry everyday for a month. But different pills have different estrogen levels and the lower estrogen level pills should have less emotional side effects. Loestrin has one of the lowest levels of hormones out of the different birth controls and I have had very few side effects with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net