Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birth Control Nausea?

I have just started taking birth control to regulate my period, and I am experiencing some pretty bad waves of nausea. I know this is characteristic of birth control for the first couple of months. For anyone who has experienced this problem - is there anything that alleviates this nausea? Should I just take something like Pepto Bismol or another brand name medicine, or is there anything better you ladies have run across? Thanks!
Answer:
I am having the exact same thing happen. I started the pill in the last week and I have been feeling really bad nausea for the last few days. I have been told that it is completely normal for this to occur in the first month.

I would suggest taking some tums or pepto bismol, like you mentioned.

Also, watch the foods you eat. For instance, just thinking of peanut butter right now makes me feel sick because it is so rich. Try sticking to pretty bland, filling foods for right now and that might help alleviate symtpoms too (it has for me). Foods that have worked for me are plain rice, chicken, bread and plain vegetables.

Good luck, and if you find anything else that works, please let me know!
I have never had this prob. If you are getting nausea it may be because you are on the wrong type of pill. Would talk to your doctor about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net