Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birth Control...what kind is the best?

I am having to go on birth control for a medical reason and am trying to find out what kind I should take. I am only interested in pills. No patch or anything like that. What kind do you perfer and why?
Thanks!
Answer:
There are so many different pills out there, it really depends on your personal hormonal balance. If it's for a medical reason, your doctor will probably do a blood test first and look at your hormone levels and then decide which to start out on. You may have to switch a few times before you find something that works for you. I am on Yasmin because I have polycystic ovary syndrome, and that's been working pretty well to keep that under control. I have never had any real issues with it. The biggest thing to remember is whatever you end up being prescribed, take it properly!
Honestly, the best birth control is abstinence. Especially if it's for a medical reason.
mental control is best
I would stick with a low dose if you can. (A lot of low dose you have to be under a certain weight for them to work properly) I've been on several over the years and right now I'm on Yaz. I like Yaz. It hasn't made me gain weight, I've had minimal side effects, and my PMDD is gone. I've also had Alesse, which isn't too bad, I did get bad headaches when I started taking the placebos. Also experienced break-through within a year of taking it. Ortho-tricyclin lo isn't bad, I had breakthrough problems with it also.

Birth control is a trial and error thing. As you know every female is different, so you have to find a pill that's right for you. Definitely talk to your health care professional about which one may be right for you.
Im on Orthro-Trycyclene Lo its the best no problems or anything and there really tiny pills.
There is a pill called Yasmin. The BEST ever!! I use it myself. Firstly you will never have your period on a weekend. It does not retain water, therefore you won't gain any weight. Your skin and hair is more radiant and healthy and it is not horribly expensive. I really recommend this
Natural Family Planning ( no IT IS NOT CATHOLIC BIRTH CONTROL) is the BEST because there are no drug interactions, it's 100% safe, it's easy to learn, easy to use, it can be used for medical reasons (I am using it b/c I have Crohns %26 a blood clotting disorder), plus you can track your cycle to find out when your illness flares. It can be used to achieve/avoid a pregnancy. I've been using it for 10 yrs. to avoid a pregnancy b/c I am a very highr risk %26 my husband doesn't want to jeoparodize my life or that of an unborn child. We learned about it from a local hospital %26 had an NFP practioner teach us. She was an RN so she totally understood my illnesses %26 our reasons to use to it.

You have nothing to lose and so much to gain by learning it. Below are references to find a local NFP teacher near you. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net