Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birth Control Question.?

I feel silly asking this kind of question, since I've been on birth control for over 11 years now... But my doctor switched me to Levora about 10 months ago, (I had been on Ortho Cycline.. Not Tri Cycline, just Cycline.). I've never had any side effects, which supposedly I should have noticed any around the first 3 months or so... For the past few days I've noticed breast swelling and intense soreness/tenderness, some stomach cramping/nausea, fatigue, apetite changes and a little firming of the lower abdomin area... Most of these are side effects of Levora, and most b/c pills in general, but they are all also signs of pregnancy. Obviously I plan on taking a pregnancy test and/or seeing my doctor, but I just had a normal, but short period on May 25-May 28. If I am in fact pregnant, I'm only 2 weeks along, not long enough for an accurate test or to notice a missed period or to see my doctor. Would I be noticing so many symptoms so soon? Any advice would be great.
Answer:
somehow my wife just knew it the next day... no joke. you will know soon enough with the test, good luck in which ever way you want it to turn out
i think its def. signs that you have changed your birth control, but like you said you have been taking the pills etc fo 11 years and so most women would not have gotten pregnant this early on even after switching pills. to me it sounds like you are having too many side effects with the new pill and should just ask your doctor why he switched you. i get switched lately it seems every year because my cholesterol is rising and my weight has been rising, but you on the other hand did not seem to get a reason why you were switched. im on the east coast but have never heard of this levora. im on the yaz and it also has shortened my period, which is great because it is consistent, but otherwise there are no other side effects. i would again, talk to your doctor and tell him or her youre not sure you like this Levora and ask more about how long its been around
You can be pregnant even if you're on birth control and you can have a "period" when you are first pregnant (usually different shorter/lighter than your 'normal' period).
And, yes, I had my symptoms about when or just before I should have gotten my period.
Don't take the pill, use alternative birth control methods, and pick up a couple pregnancy tests. Check. Then check a week later.
Then, talk to your doctor (either way, pregnant or not).
And our body's hormones fluctuate all the time. You may be just now experiencing those 'common' symptoms of your birth control.
hum, i think i can help. i changed my birth control from yasmin to loestrin 24 and i got a lot of the symptoms you have described. for 2 months straight i got my period 2 times a month, and then last month i had a very light period, and then this month it's heavy. my lower abdomen is firm and i experience fatigue, very sensitive breasts for most of the month and cramps. i think you are just experiencing symptoms from the birthcontrol, but if you are very concerned i'd advise you to go see your doc. hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net