Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birth control?

My period is very abnormal, even though I haven't had it that long. It can take me up to two or three months till I finally get it again. Do you think I should take birth control to regulate it? I am fourteen but it took me from August to January to get it again and now I get it every two months and now even longer. What do you think?
Answer:
If you haven't been having your period for very long, it's normal for it to be irregular. If you're getting it every two months now, it sounds like it's starting to even out. I would wait a bit longer and see if it settles into a monthly pattern. Don't take birth control if you don't need to, because even though the risks that go along with it are low at your age, they still exist. If you are worried, talk to your mom or your doctor.
I never had a regular period from the time I started until I finally went on birth control at 17. It's probably a good idea to give yourself five years of natural periods to see if they settle down before you override them with birth control - as you don't actually get a natural period when you are on the pill, just a withdrawal bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net