Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birth control questionnnn?

I am 19 and want to go on the pill, but would rather not tell my parents. Am I allowed to do that or would it have to go through health insurance therefore having my parents find out? Also would I need to go to the gyno in order to get on BC?? I have never been. Thanks!!
Answer:
When I started the pill, I was in college. I just went to my local health department. They do all the testing that a regular gyno does and generally charge you a minimal fee for testing and pills. (when I was in school it was free!) You don't have to show any insurance info and your parents don't have to know. Birth control pills are prescription so you do have to see a doctor to get them.
You are totally allowed to do that! Welcome to adulthood.
ask ur gyno ur parents dont need to know
i think you should go on the pill. it hasn't failed me yet.
You are an adult, so you have the right to hypa laws!! That means your parents don't have to know. Gyno is where you should go to get bc.
If you are on your parent insurance they might find out because of any doctor bills. yes you need to go to a doctor for a female check up (pap smear and pelvic exam) before they will perscribe the pills... to make sure you are healthy... the exam is uncomfortable but not painful... you could also go to a place like planned parenthood and then your parents wont find out but you will have to pay for it and they will still do the exam and all.
If you are on their insurance they will get the visit statement. So they would find out. And yeah you have to go the an obgyn. They do a pap and then they check to make sure that everything is alright with you before they proscribe bc.
Yes you can go to your health department and say you dont have insurance and it would be like 10 dollars but they would give it to you but atleast if you are over 18 then you can do it without parents permission but there are many reaons you can tell your parents i mean your periods to get lighter and all many othere reasons to make them shoprter or regular to stop cramping the gyno is not bad youcan do that thru your hea;th department also
Email me. I have so many of them.. that i don't use.. if you want to use them.. or i can give you someone phone number that would always get them for me.. She is a nurse and she always gets stuff for me because she so cool. I never paid for birth control pills.. plus i never had insruaunce either.. but email me.. can't talk about it here.. :Lol
You are 19, so you can go to the doctor on your own insurance or to Planned Parenthood without needing their knowledge or consent. You'll most likely need a pelvic exam before they prescribe anything for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Birth Control Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net